Thursday, February 28, 2008

TURTLE'S GETTING TUBES!

My little Turtle is going in for surgery early tomorrow morning. It's really not a big deal, only some ear tubes, but I just never like the idea of general anesthesia. I am very excited for him to hear better but would appreciate prayers for his protection.
His faithful orange lollipop from the ear doctor somehow lasted this kid all day long! It was some sort of fish and loaves phenomenon because I watched him lickin that thing continuously from 11:00 a.m. to around 3:00 in the afternoon...
...Through the sandy beach, lunch at Burger King... tightly clutched in his sticky hand while napping in his carseat... even covered in sand it appeared quite delicious to Turtle...
The kids were fascinated at the cold water divers. I hadn't realized there is actually an underwater park at Edmonds Beach. The divers have maps that guide them to the "treasure" at the other end of the rope from all the various buoys! The map showed all kinds of sunken boats down there. Pretty darn cool--especially to little boys already "obthessed with diving!"
Juliet would have nothing to do with the yucky sand.
My Essie has a total blast wherever she goes. Poser.
Long hard day at the office, Essie?
The computers at the Library are quite a big attraction for these guysGemma in absolute HEAVEN!!! Owen...blurry, but still eating his sucker around 3:00 in the afternoon. It kept him very quiet at the library. I'll have to remember that...
This is for you Gramma... This is what I was trying to explain... The wild baby with the hat dressing up, graffiti-ing the walls with pencils, stripping off the pants to expose the sure-attention-getting legs... all to get Mom's attention while busy on the phone with Gramma...
Boy Edibles...
I intercepted Silas heading outside to play, carrying along one of his famous
"thnack packs"
He often makes these for all the kids without being asked. Today he had almonds, peanuts, raisins.......um....Luke Skywalker...Hans Solo.....and some dry spaghetti noodles? When pressed for an explanation he said it just helps him to carry his StarWars guys in his snacks cuz then he doesn't loose them so much....makes sense....but when pressed further to explain the dry noodles he insists:

"I like em, Mom. I really like em. Twusst me... Sometimes boys just need to cwunch."

1 comment:

Krissy Moehl said...

you continue to amaze me Lizbeth. Thanks for your posts and sharing your wonderful family. would love to see you again soon... maybe the Kirkman's would like to visit Bend, Oregon!?!?