Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Our Little Ones


See that you do not look down on one of these little ones. For I tell you that their angels in heaven always see the face of my Father in heaven.

Matt. 18:10



If you make the Most High your dwelling-- even the Lord, who is my refuge then no harm will befall you, no disaster will come near your tent. For he will command his angels concerning you to guard you in all your ways; 12 they will lift you up in their hands, so that you will not strike your foot against a stone. 13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra; you will trample the great lion and the serpent. 14 "Because he loves me," says the Lord, "I will rescue him; I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name. 15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble, I will deliver him and honor him. 16 With long life will I satisfy him and show him my salvation."

Psalm 91:9-16



Are not all angels ministering spirits sent to serve those who will inherit salvation?

Heb 1:14

Do not let anyone who delights in false humility and the worship of angels disqualify you for the prize. Such a person goes into great detail about what he has seen, and his unspiritual mind puffs him up with idle notions. He has lost connection with the Head, from whom the whole body, supported and held together by its ligaments and sinews, grows as God causes it to grow.

Col 2:18The Lord has established his throne in heaven, and his kingdom rules over all. Praise the Lord, you his angels, you mighty ones who do his bidding, who obey his word. Praise the Lord, all his heavenly hosts, you his servants who do his will. Praise the Lord, all his works everywhere in his dominion. Praise the Lord, O my soul.

Psalms 103:19-22

*Although I do feel that the angels depicted in most images end up looking more like what I imagine the little wives of the actual celestial beings would look... since those "mighty ones" given charge over us are described throughout the Bible more like great and fearful warriors (if only we had eyes to see into the spiritual realms), I kind of prefer the idea of the actual warrior guardian to the more nursery appropriate whimsical lady angels, but one still can't help but love these beautiful reminders that our children indeed are the heirs of the Kingdom and the very sons & daughters of the Great High King. It is just a biblical FACT that great guardians are appointed over our little ones to carry out the great and loving plan God has for each of their lives.


And it does a Momma good to remember!