Wednesday, September 3, 2008

You Can't End the Summer without a little TERROR at the FAIR!

We felt we hadn't had enough panic attacks to call the summer good.
We needed to find a good way to make the kids really look forward to the school year...
The kids and I couldn't help but giggle at each new expression of terror that came circling around. It looks sadder in the pictures than it actually was. It was pretty funny. Even she thinks so now.
Because after awhile, once she remembered her Daddy's arms were around her, she thought it wasn't so bad. She even waved!And raised both hands!!! Yey Essie!I flippin LOVE this picture.My two youngest kids have been a little out of control lately. I bet Brian (I should've bet him a large sum of money) that they wouldn't make it through the fair without a meltdown.Can you even believe this kid?
The meltdown came when Daddy wiped his hands clean (he had wanted to lick them clean)And little miss "Cheese"...Her meltdown came when Daddy tried to lick the drippy parts from the cone.
I love how ticked off she looks here. It was really a fun day. And I won the bet. :)

3 comments:

The White House said...

Well, it's about time you posted Ethel! Ok you must change your blog header photo to the 7 kids eating ice cream. that is so cute. this is the best blog post i have seen in a long time. those pictures are just precious! Essie's face is sooo terrified! I even clicked on it, to blow it up and get a better look! Sheer terror I tell ya! I think we have that same shirt that turtle is wearing under his sweater!

Sarah Vertner said...

I've missed your blog! I think we have all had a good case of summeritis.

Your kids are flipping cute, fa shoa!

Rachel Burke said...

Hilarious. I love the greedy irrational fits.