Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Hannah's Dad

I have been so obsessed with writing music lately I have neglected my poor blog. (It just isn't the same without a camera). Every once in awhile, something blogworthy strikes me and I feel compelled.

Anyway, this morning my Hannah approached me while my mind was busy forming song lyrics and my fingers were busy strumming and began to ask me permission for something that I was apparently tuning out. I soon realized this poor kid was trying to speak to a mother with her head totally up in the clouds (yet in fact staring straight at her) and so I apologized. She stood there still, sweetly waiting for my permission to something seeming quite important... what? Hmm...It was something about Dad I think. I asked her to repeat the request...

"Mom? When I read my Bible and pray and talk to God...in quiet times like that...well, do you think it would be okay if ...I call him Dad?"

I sat there stunned, humbled, and amazed at how distracted we grown-up Christians can get from the point... and from the person. We have a holy, all powerful, mighty, all-knowing God...master of the universe... who let's us call him Dad. In fact, he wants us to.

Incredible.

8 comments:

Serena said...

What a sweetie. Reading your posts about her and her insightful comments makes my heart melt. To have such a tender heart at such a young age is a rare thing these days. How old is she?

christa jean said...

Did it inspire you to write another song?!! ;-D Maybe she could be the co-writer!
Good work, mommy.

McMom said...

That is so sweet!! Come as a little child.....!

nanatrish said...

So sweet and tender. You must be so pleased she has such a close relationship with the Lord at such a young age. She's beautiful!

Sarah Vertner said...

Wow!

Bobbie-Jo said...

I have started calling Him Daddy in my prayers, too. So sweet that a child is so in-tune.

christa jean said...

Girl, I hope you have a cd recorded by now!!! You are busy strummin' and singin' and I'm sure your kiddos love it.

But don't ya know there are people out here in bloggy land pining away for a new post from your thoughts to be shown forth?!

Tee hee, can't wait to hear a sample of your pretty voice.

Marjie said...

So, I've figured it out...since even Hannah mentioned that her future husband could be ten years older or maybe even 10 years younger...If I can marry and produce a son...like now, he may, just narrowly, be in the running to be one of Hannah's future suitors. (sigh) Well, Juliet may be a more realistic option...hmmm. That at least gives me a little more time :) lol...crackin' myself up....

I just love Hannah...looooove her:)